Monday, April 25, 2011

Euless resident wins year of free groceries

Meet Migdalia Cruz.

Amy McCall and Jordan Echols present Migdalia Cruz with her prize.
The Euless resident was the lucky grand prize winner of the Texas Health Resources “Love Game” Sweepstakes. For her prize she won a year of free groceries. In addition she also met with Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford registered dietitian Emily Bullard. Bullard, who works in the Texas Health Fitness Center HEB, offered tips and suggestions for how best to use the year of free groceries.

Bullard and Cruz chat about the health benefits of nuts.


Cruz entered the “Love Game” sweepstakes at www.texashealth.org/heart. The site offers information about heart disease, prevention and treatments as well as the chance to request a healthy heart kit or to find a physician. The site also offers a blog with daily tips.

“I didn’t believe it when they called me,” Cruz said. “I’m sure we are going to make good use of that. I’m very excited and thank you so much.”

Check out the video for Bullard’s tips on swapping regular pasta for a whole wheat kind.



Congratulations Migdalia!

No comments:

Post a Comment